It is being reported that earlier this month, ICE issued several hundred new notices of inspection to employers across the country. Prior to this round of notices, ICE had issued 1,641 audit notices for FY2010 and 172 final fine notices totaling more than $4 million. This last round of notices pushes the fiscal year total over 2,000, and shows ICE’s continued commitment to this enforcement technique.
- $95 Million Plea Deal for I-9 Violations
- I-9 Tip #4: Understand I-9 Regulations to Prevent Employment Discrimination
- I-9 Tip #3: Don’t Miss Deadlines–Create an I-9 Reverification System
- I-9 Tip #2: Retain your I-9 records to avoid costly violations
- I-9 Tip #1: Avoid costly violations–complete your I-9 paperwork on time